Our Parish History
The year was 1914, little did anyone know what would become of some Greek immigrants who decided to form the Brotherhood of Saint George. Three short years later the State of Oklahoma granted "Saint George Greek Orthodox Church" a charter. Three years after that, they purchased the Church's first property located at N.W. 8th and Western. Since then her membership has expanded, now at least 50% are non-Greek, and her members contributed to the Oklahoma City community at large. In 1984, Saint George moved to her current location (145th N.W. & Pennsylvania).